Home > News > Proces stadionramp Egyptische Port Said moet opnieuwCourt process stadium disaster Egyptian Port Said has to be done again
News

Proces stadionramp Egyptische Port Said moet opnieuwCourt process stadium disaster Egyptian Port Said has to be done again

Het proces over de stadionramp in de Egyptische stad Port Said moet opnieuw gedaan worden. Dat heeft het Egyptische hof van beroep donderdag bepaald, hebben bronnen binnen de justitie laten weten.

The process of the stadium disaster in the Egyptian city of Port Said has to be done again. That is what the Egyptian Court of Appeal determined Thursday, sources within the judiciary to know. Early last year, a court sentenced 21 defendants in Port Said to death and five others were given life imprisonment. Another 19 were condemned to varying prison sentences.

Begin vorig jaar veroordeelde een rechtbank in Port Said 21 verdachten tot de doodstraf en kregen vijf anderen een levenslange gevangenisstraf. Nog eens 19 betrokkenen kregen uiteenlopende celstraffen.
Op 1 februari 2012 braken na een voetbalwedstrijd tussen al-Masry en al-Ahly in Port Said rellen uit onder de supporters van de twee clubs. Daardoor kwamen 74 mensen om het leven.
De meeste slachtoffers waren fan van de bezoekende club al-Ahly uit Caïro. Na het vonnis braken opnieuw rellen uit, met meer doden tot gevolg.

Zowel justitie als de verdediging was in beroep gegaan. Waarom het hof vindt dat de hele zaak over moet, was niet direct duidelijk.



On February 1, 2012 a riot broke out after a football match between Al-Masry and Al-Ahly in Port Said among supporters of the two clubs as a result 74 people were killed. Most of the victims were supporters of the visiting club Al-Ahly in Cairo. After the verdict riots broke out again, with more deaths as a result. Both the judiciary and the defense appealed.



Leave a Reply